Casper mattress Review
Welcome to the Zenhaven 100% pure latex mattress!
Starting its business in 2014, Casper has rapidly seized the market and become one of the most popular memory foam mattress brands. Casper mattress is a good choice if you want a balanced foam feel, zoned support, and heat dispersion. You can get the queen model for under $1,000, a great deal cheaper compared to other brands, but there are only three models for customers to choose from.
|The Good||The Not So Good|
|Sleeps cool||Limited models available|
|Good motion isolation||Below-average edge support|
|Highly cost effective|
Casper now has three models for users to choose from: an original model, the Casper; a basic model, The Essential; a high-end model, The Wave. In this article, we will put our focus on the original Caser model.
|The Essential||memory foam||8.5"||medium to med-firm||memory foam||$350 - $725|
|The Casper||memory foam||10"||med-soft to medium||memory foam||$595 - $1195|
|The Wave||memory foam||11.5"||med-firm to firm||memory foam||$1095 - $2395|
What's special about the Wave model?
- 11.5” thickness and 5 layers with an additional hypersensitive top layer.
- Hyper-Targeted Support (precise support at 36 points) for spinal alignment and restorative sleep.
- Contoured for exceptional pressure relief.
Cover and Layers
The cover is made of polyester and spandex, which is thin, breathable and can be moved easily for cleaning.
The Casper model has 4 layers; The Essential model has only 3 layers with no zoned support layer; The Wave model has 5 layers with an additional top layer.
- The first layer is breathable open-cell foam that gives the mattress some bounce and keeps it from overheating.
- The second layer is high-density memory foam producing a classic body-contouring feeling.
- The third layer is 1.5 inches of Zoned Support which provides different firmness and support for different body parts, ensuring that your back gets extra support to stay aligned.
- The fourth layer is a 5-inch base layer that adds durability and support.
On a 1 to 8 scale with 1 being the softest and 8 being the firmest, here we will discuss the firmness levels of three models respectively.
The Essential model on average is about a 3.5 to 4, which suits people who like their mattress a little bit softer but don't want to sink in. The Essential model is the softest of all three models.
The Casper model's firmness appears to be graded as 5.5, a balanced and slightly firmer level which suits most owners but not all.
The Wave model is regarded as a 6.5 or 7, a perfect choice if you prefer a highly supportive but not stiff mattress. The Wave model has the highest level of firmness of all three models.
The softer foam under your shoulders helps to relieve pressure and stay comfortable. The firmer foam under your hips and core provides extra support to keep the spine straight during sleeping.
Models for People of Different Weight
- For average-sized people (130-230 lbs), we recommend the Casper model for its balanced firmness and good support at a cost-effective price. If you are willing to pay a little higher, the Wave model can offer more comfort.
- For large-sized people (230+ Lbs), the Casper and the Wave model will all be good choices. But if you are a stomach sleeper, it's better to go with the Wave model because heavy people with a stomach-position need more support.
- For small-sized people (Under 130 Lbs), you may be delighted to hear that you don't need to pay more money for the Wave model. The other two models can offer small-sized people with enough support and comfort they need.
As an all-foam mattress, Casper mattress really stands out in terms of motion isolation because foam tends to absorb movement and stop the transfer. For couples, if either of you is a light sleeper or has the tendency to roll over frequently during sleep, Casper will be a great choice.
Although sleeping hot is a shared problem that most all-foam mattresses have, but Casper can be called an exception. Casper adopts open-cell foams with tiny pores to release hot air, so you can stay cool and comfortable during sleep.
Casper mattresses are one-sided, so you may need to rotate the mattress from head to foot occasionally to prevent and minimize sagging.
Size & Dimensions
|Twin||39” x 75||44 - 63 lbs||$350 - $1095|
|Twin XL||39" x 80"||46 - 68 lbs||$400 - $1195|
|Full||54” x 75”||56 - 91 lbs||$500 - $1695|
|Queen||60” x 80”||63 - 109 lbs||$600 - $1995|
|King||76” x 80”||76 - 141 lbs||$725 - $2395|
|CA King||72” x 84”||76 - 140 lbs||$725 - $2395|
Casper mattress is covered by a 10-year limited warranty that applies to the following Defects:
Deterioration causing the Mattress to have a visible indentation greater than one (1) inch that is not associated with an indentation or sag which results from use of an improper or unsupportive foundation or adjustable bed base. Normal wear requires that a Mattress be continuously supported by a matching foundation or adjustable bed base with a proper bed frame sufficient to support the collective weight of the Mattress and foundation.
Any physical flaw in the Mattress that causes the foam material to split or crack, despite normal usage and proper handling.
Any manufacturing defect in the zipper assembly of the Mattress Cover.
Free Shipping & Returns
Casper mattress provides free shipping and returns in the U.S. and Canada. The returned mattresses will be donated to charity instead of being resold.
We give you 100 nights to try it for free, and if you don't like it after 100 days, you can return it and receive a full refund.
Who We Recommend the Casper Mattress For
- People who are struggling with hot sleeping.
- Couples who need a mattress with low motion transfer.
- People who don't have a preferred sleeping position and toss and turn a lot during sleeping.